I am really excited to share this card with you today. My son, who is in a band in LA called Visual Eyes, is playing for the new release of his friend’s book at the Regent theater today at 4:00. If you are in the LA area, you should go. It should be an experience. He’s giving a preview of their new music, which will be released in March.
Brian, my son, has been in the music business for the past thirteen years after graduating from the Berklee College of Music in Boston. He’s written for different artists, film and has always loved playing in a band and music production. We are very proud of all of his accomplishments. Last year, we got to go to a red carpet event for the opening of a film they played in and were actually cast in the film as the band. It was just like you see on TV and very exciting!
Back to the card.
I wanted to make this for him and wish him well today. So I decided to share this with you too. The stamp set is called Epic Celebrations#147236 and is one of the free sets you can earn with a $50- order in our Sale-a-bration catalog. It’s on page 12. The awesome paper is from our #145600 Myths & Magic Designer Paper in our Occasions catalog. Together they practically made the card. Of course I had to embellish it a bit. I added our fine tip liquid glue to the color on the guitar for a little sheen. The stars are from our Bright’s enamel shapes collection. I also used Bermuda Bay and Smokey Slate Blends to color the headset and guitar. You can get the supplies and directions below.
Have a great day and always enjoy some music!
1. Cut Smokey Slate cardstock 5-1/2″ X 8-1/2″ and score at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut Whisper White 4″ X 5-1/4″. Adhere to card base with Snail.
3. Cut Designer paper 3-3/4″ X 5″ and adhere to white piece with Snail.
4. Stamp headphones and guitar with Memento ink. Color with Blends markers.
5. Add fine tip glue to guitar and top of neck. Let dry. Cut out guitar and adhere to the stitched oval shape with snail.
6. Stamp saying with Bermuda Bay ink on Whisper White. Cut out with the stitched framelits.
7. Cut saying and headphones out with the stitched circle framelits.
8. Attach the shapes to the card with dimensionals.
9. Adhere stars around the guitar.