I have been invited to a Birthday party for a special one year old. He is having a circus themed party. How fun is that? So my mind immediately went to the cute A Little Wild bundle set that I ordered out of our new annual catalog. They have the cutest animals. It includes this cute lion, a darling elephant and a sweet little bear with a honey bee, beehive, flowers and comes with a matching framelit that cuts the animals out front and back to make a cute tag.
In this card, I cut off the back and fussy cut the rest of the top of the lion. Isn’t he sweet? I colored him with our watercolor pencils and used my blender pen to shade the colors. Stamping on the Shimmery White paper allows the colors to blend beautifully.
A little cutting and punching and this animal cage came out perfect. If you haven’t gotten this set yet, it really is one you should put on your wish list. The bear and honey bee would look perfect on a jar of honey from the farmer’s market. I usually buy honey in the summer, so I have plenty of local honey for the winter. I love a hot cup of tea with fresh honey.
The Designer paper is from a retired pack called Birthday Bouquet. You can really use any bright colored designer paper. The new Birthday Memories Designer Paper #144118 would be perfect. It’s now on my wish list.
1. Cut Daffodil Delight cardstock 5-1/2″ X 8-1/2″ and score at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut Real Red cardstock 4″ X 5-1/4″. Adhere to card base with snail.
3. Cut designer paper 2″ X 5″.
4. Cut Mint Macaron 2″ X 5″. Emboss with folder.
5. Attach both pieces to card with snail.
6. Stamp Lion on to shimmer White paper.
6. Color using the watercolor pencils and blend with blender pens.
7. Cut out lion and use paper snips to cut the back piece off.
8. Cut a piece of Whisper White 2″ X 3″.
9. Cut Real Red piece 2-1/4″ X 3-1/4″. Attach together with snail. Add to card base.
10. Use snail to attach the lion.
11. Cut two pieces of red for the cage 1/4″ X 2-1/4″ and attach with snail.
12. Punch top of cage with the ribbon border punch and attach at the top of the cage with snail.
13. Punch two 3/4″ circles in Mint Macaron for wheels.
14. Punch two 1/2″ circles in Real red. Attach both with dimensionals. Add the wheels with dimensionals.
15. Attach the enamel dots to the wheels.
16. Stamp saying on whisper white with Memento ink and punch with tree builder punch. Attach with dimensionals.