Don’t you just love mythical characters like wizards, knights, unicorns, dragons and mermaids? Well if so, I have a fun stamp set for you. It’s called Magical Day and it really embodies all things magical.
I think the designer paper caught my eye first. It is so sparkly and shinny and I knew I would be cutting out some of the characters and wouldn’t mind fussy cutting at all. The card I am going to share is pretty much cut from that designer paper. I also added some of the new Myths & Magic 6 X 6 Glimmer paper. It just adds to the magic! Notice the fire coming out of the dragon’s mouth? Instead of stamping it, I used the glimmer paper and the framelit that came in the bundle. Take a look at page 37 in our Occasions catalog.
The story in my head was a Knight slaying a dragon for the Mermaid in the castle. Can you see it? 🙂
I think this could be a new take on a Valentine’s Day card. What could be more romantic than a Knight to the rescue?
If you would like to order with me you can purchase online and please use Host Code 9CKVB3KH. Simply Click Here, or on the items below and you will go to my store.
1. Cut a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock 5-1/2″ XD 8-1/2″ and score at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock 4″ X 5-1/4′ and emboss with the Brick Wall embossing folder. Cut out the top piece for the mermaid. Attach to card base with snail. Do not glue where mermaid will slide in.
3. Fussy cut mermaid and dragon. Attach the mermaid with snail and slip in the castle. Attach the dragon with dimensionals.
4. Punch out the Knight with the circle punch.
5. Cut a piece of glimmer paper with the starburst punch. Attach the pieces together with dimensionals.
6. Attach the starburst piece to the card with fast fuse.
7. Stamp the saying on whisper white cardstock with Bermuda Bay ink.
8. Cut out heats with the Sweet & Sassy framelits using your Big Shot.
9. Attach the saying to the glimmer piece with a dimensional and the heart to the card with a dimensional.
10. Cut out two flames with the framelit and glimmer paper. Attach with mini dimensionals cut in half.