Even if you are not Irish, it’s still fun to celebrate. My classes for March were surprised when we made this cute St. Patty’s Day explosion box. It was a bonus project I added to our class. Inside holds a Roche chocolate. Perfect for a little bit of gold.
1. Cut a piece of Cucumber Crush cardstock 5-3/8″ X 5-3/8″.
2. Using the Envelope Punch Board score and punch the piece at 1-5/8″ and 3-3/4″. Then follow the score marks around all three sides punching and scoring on lines.
3. Pinch the corners together and score the center of the triangle. Burnish with a bone folder.
4. Lid- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 3-7/8″ X 3-7/8″. Stamp with the shamrock stamp and Cucumber Crush ink.
5. Score lid on all 4 sides at 7/16″ and 1″.
6. Cut sides and assemble. Glue down the second score line inside the box.
7. Tie box in a bow with the Gold ribbon.
8. Stamp a shamrock on a scrap piece of Whisper White and punch out using the 3/4″ circle punch.
9. Use the scalloped circle with the Gold Glimmer paper and run it through the Big Shot.
10. Adhere the shamrock to the scalloped piece with a dimensional.
11. Hole punch at the top of the scalloped piece and tie on with gold twine.